Sunday, September 29, 2013

Me and my education - a brief to do list

To do:
  • Acknowledge that I am very angry about a lot of my education - things I was taught both explicitly and implicitly, both in and out of school
  • Take responsibility for the way I have conducted my life up until now, even though I was taught wrong things
  • Try to understand the flaws in my education, why they were there, and how I might be able to help change these for future generations
  • Forgive those who I feel wronged me in my education
  • Be thankful for the good things about my education
  • Find things to laugh at about my education
  • Learn what good education is meant to be
  • Learn stuff for the fun of it! (and hopefully learn to take myself less seriously in the process)
  • Pass good learning stills and attitudes onto my children and students
  • Figure out why all this matters so much to me
  • Realise I have only scratched the surface and will never know everything. This is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment